- (Matthew 6:11) “Give us today our daily bread”.
- (Matthew 6:31) “So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’”.
- (Exodus 16) - Manna was from Heaven.
- (James 1:17) “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above”.
- (1 Timothy 4:3-4)“...foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving ... For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving”.
“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control...”
“Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.” (Pro. 23:20-21)
“He who keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.” (Pro. 28:7)
“One of themselves, a prophet of their own, said, "Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons." (Titus 1:12).