- “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling” (Ephesians 4:4).
- “He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything” (Colossians 1:18).
- “For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body” (Ephesians 5:23).
- No salvation is promised to those out of Christ but instead they “shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power” (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her” (Ephesians 5:25).
By Cliff Sabroe