- Polygamy : “The practice or custom of having more than one wife or husband at the same time.” (Dictionary.com)
- Certain belief systems and cultures support this practice as being acceptable.
- There was even a time in the Bible when God apparently tolerated this kind of behavior.
(ie. David and Solomon both had multiple wives).
- Matthew 19:8, Acts 17:30 show that there has been times in the past where God “overlooked” certain practices that He did not approve of.
- (Matthew 19:3-6)
- Marriage is “one man and one woman for life”.
- (Romans 7:1-3)
- If a women is “joined” to another man while her “husband” (singular) is alive, she is an sinning.
- (1 Corinthians 7:2)
- “Husband” and “Wife” are both singular.
Question Submitted at the West Visalia Church of Christ Youth Forum
Post By Cliff Sabroe