- What is the context of (Matthew 7:1)?
- Is judging always sinful?
- When is judging wrong?
- When is judging allowed?
“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? “Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye”.
- “A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.“So then, you will know them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:18-20)
- "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” (John 7:24)
- “Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted” (Galatians 6:1)
- "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother” (Matthew 18:15).